Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

HAIL TO THE CHIEF

Contrary to the title this is not a political post. I do not plan to use this blog as a political forum. That said, the 2013 Inauguration was yesterday and it is kind of in the news so let's talk about it.

(Plus, I am sick right now and have no energy for a real post today.)

I did not see the Inauguration because I was at work yesterday, so I have been online today, as I sit home sick, looking at all of the news about the big event. I have learned that Michelle's bangs are kind of a big deal. Psshhh... I went with bangs a year ago. I also noticed that the Obama girls went purple at the ceremony. I love that they went with a common color (even Mom had plum leather gloves) but didn't do the exact same shade. And purple, well it just rocks.

So Lovely!!!

And even more adorable....

Sasha captures a pic of Mom and Dad smooching!

The ball was full of stars, but what I found the most fabulous was that Jennifer Hudson sang Obama and Michelle's song, "Let's stay together" for the First couple to dance to. And just in case you never saw this clip, here is something that makes my day every time I hear it:

Skip to 0:17 seconds

Our president has some pretty good pipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment