Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

MOMMY WINS

Sometimes being a parent feels like a losing battle. This is especially true when you have to share custody of your children with someone you do not get along with at all. I know I shouldn't let myself get caught up in the feeling that it is a competition, but at times it really can feel that way.

Today I was cleaning up our dining room table. This is a very difficult job in my home since that is usually the catch all for things we don't have a home for. As I cleaned up I found some old homework from my 5th grader. As I was about to just toss it all in the recycle bin I spotted something that looked interesting. As I unfolded it I found this:


To see this from a child who has always been Daddy's girl and who also has suffered from severe anxiety all of her life is truly like winning some award. 

Mommy wins. That is all. I just win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment