Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Recipe Review: Yummy Beef Tips

I hit the jackpot on this one! I have to say that this is THE best recipe I have found online and I will be making this over and over and OVER!!!

My Pinterest "Noms" board is full of recipes I would like to try, but most are a bit more complicated and I have been putting them off. And if you have been reading this blog you know that they don't always turn out so great. (See Crock Pot Lasagna)

This recipe comes from Mommy's Kitchen and she has a lot of what appear to be great recipes. This one seems to be her most popular so I am not overly surprised that it is so delicious. I am a bit surprised that I managed to pull it off so well, however.

First of all, as I have mentioned,  I don't always do things by the book. This was no exception. In fact, I messed up a few things and now I have basically invented an entirely different recipe. I still want to promote the Mommy's Kitchen recipe, because it looks amazing, but I can't personally attest to it since I am so inept that I couldn't even follow the recipe.

  • Stew meat (1 lb, but can double that with same ingredients)
  • 1 pkg brown gravy mix
  • 1 pkg ranch dressing mix
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup (I used an organic soup with low sodium)
  • 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
  • Broccoli
  • Garlic powder and black pepper to taste (I used about 1/2 tsp each)




  • Preheat over to 300 degrees
  • Place the meat, broccoli and onion evenly in casserole dish 
  • Sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper
  • Mix all other ingredients together in a bowl then pour on to meat and veggies
Make sure the dish is well sealed. I have a covered casserole dish, but tightly covered with foil is all you need. 

This dish will cook for 3 hours. DO NOT CHECK IT. Just leave it and in 3 hours it is tender and amazingly delicious!!

I had this over white rice, but over egg noodles or mashed potatoes would probably be just as delicious. 
Pretty much the BEST meal ever!

I plan to try this in a crock pot as well. I think on low while I am at work will do fine. And add a few paper towels under the lid to capture the extra moisture. I will let you know in comments when I give this a try. It will be cooked again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment